East Hollywood ArtCycle This Saturday, February 28th
I want to let those of you who live or who are visiting the LA area this weekend about an event you should check out. The East Hollywood Neighborhood Council and East Hollywood Arts and Culture Committee announce the first-ever ArtCycle, an event designed to showcase the emerging art and bicycling scenes in East Hollywood. More than a dozen area art galleries and creative spaces will open their doors for ArtCycle on Saturday, Feb. 28, 2 p.m. -7 p.m. The event culminates in an after party at the bike-centric intersection of Melrose Avenue and Heliotrope Drive which will happen until 10 p.m.
The East Hollywood Neighborhood Council was the first certified neighborhood council in Los Angeles to ratify the “Cyclists’s Bill of Rights” in recognition of the cyclists who have made East Hollywood the center of bicycle culture in Los Angeles. With the participation of more than a dozen galleries, theatres, creative venues and artist live/work spaces, the East Hollywood ArtCycle will introduce the rest of Los Angeles to this emerging scene.
Here are some of the things happening:
- There will be entertainment, food, t-shirt printing, award presentation and for artists to show their work.
- Bicycle tours to the various galleries and to historical landmarks will complement this event from 2-4 pm.
- Bring your own bike! There won’t be any rentals at this time.
- Bring your own T-Shirt for printing or buy one there at the block-party on Melrose and Heliotrope.
- Bring your own coffee or water mugs to stay hydrated and to stay environmentally councious for the event.
- If you drive, there will be parking at the LACC garage on Heliotrope, just north of the block party and there will be street parking at the various galleries.
- Cycle rides are going to be geared toward the family, young and old.
- Ride the Metro to the event. East Hollywood has 4 Red Line stations: Hollywood/Western, Vermont/Sunset and Vermont /Santa Monica, which is the closest to the event.
Here is the basic schedule:
There is an on-going fest/party from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
From 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. is family/kid oreinted entertainment
From 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. there will be guided bike tours around the community
The after party is from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Check out this video and go to the website to get more information.