50 Lessons in Discipleship (16-20)
In this series, I will be sharing 50 lessons in discipleship and mentoring. These are lessons that I have learned through life, sometimes through my mentors others times through my mentoring. I pass them on in hopes that they may be a blessing to you and others. I will share five at a time, because I think each statement will be richer as they are reflected upon. Thirty-nine of the Psalms contain the word Selah to break up the Psalm. Selah is the Hebrew way of saying “stop and listen” or “think about it.” So after each of the five discipleship lessons I will put Selah. Please feel free to share lessons you have learned in discipleship or your thoughts on lessons that I’ve learned. These lessons are not in any particular order.
LESSONS IN DISCIPLESHIP
16. Good spiritual mentors cause us to freshly fall in love with Jesus and create a desire within us to want to follow him even more
17. Spiritual friendships are forged in heaven and made a reality on earth, we don’t control some primary elements of discipleship
18. God is committed to our discipleship and brings divine contacts into our lives and the lives of those we disciple
19. Resourcing people theologically and practically enriches discipleship
20. One of the aims of spiritual mentorship is to help people embody the good news contextually in every area of their life