50 Lessons in Discipleship (21-25)
In this series, I will be sharing 50 lessons in discipleship and mentoring. These are lessons that I have learned through life, sometimes through my mentors others times through my mentoring. I pass them on in hopes that they may be a blessing to you and others. I will share five at a time, because I think each statement will be richer as they are reflected upon. Thirty-nine of the Psalms contain the word Selah to break up the Psalm. Selah is the Hebrew way of saying “stop and listen” or “think about it.” So after each of the five discipleship lessons I will put Selah. Please feel free to share lessons you have learned in discipleship or your thoughts on lessons that I’ve learned. These lessons are not in any particular order.
LESSONS IN DISCIPLESHIP
21. Discipleship takes place in the living room more than the classroom and in the streets more than more in the sanctuary
22. We love because he first love us; love is what holds mentoring relationships together
23. Living a life of integrity is paramount to good discipleship
24. Listening is a skill that needs to be cultivated for rich mentoring to occur, listening to Holy Spirit, to the disciple of Jesus and to what is happening in our own souls
25. Holistic discipleship includes helping people immerse themselves in the scripture and live faithfully in the story of God.