Rhythm of Life – Part V
For me developing a rule of life is about developing a way of life in which we set the sails of our life to catch the wind of God’s Spirit. For living the Christian life is not a matter of trying harder, but of yielding to the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. This year I am focusing on four areas, practices that help me with my: Intimacy with God, Loving the World (my friends and enemies), personal wholeness and creation care. The four things lost at the fall.
Today I will share my rhythm of life in the fourth area, creation care. I ask myself the question, what can I do daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually to better allow me to catch the wind of God’s Spirit in my life?
Engage in practices that enable me practice sustainable living and responsible ecological stewardship
- Daily take time to appreciate creation in some way, by a walk or hike, through photography, surfing…
- Daily engage in habits of sustainable living in regards to diet, waste and travel
- Weekly focus on connecting with God through His creation, and allow that connection to feed my own creativity in all that I do, whether it is photography, writing or just being with people
- Take time monthly to familiarize myself with area businesses that are truly green
- Quarterly take time to seek out ways to replenish the environment, especially in areas where I over consume
- Quarterly assess how green our community of faith is and how we can become more green
- Quarterly participate in some neighborhood project bringing more beauty and sustainability to our neighborhood