Top Ten Blogs I Found Most Meaningful in 2010

I’m still working to get my top 10 from 2010 out.  In this entry I want to share with you the top ten blogs that I enjoyed reading this past year.  I didn’t get to read as many blogs as in past years, but I did get to read these fairly often.  If you have blog recommendations for me, let me know.  Here is my top ten for 2010:

1. Reclaiming the Mission – David Fitch
Fitch always has thoughtful and intriguing posts that get you to think and act differently.

2. Jesus Creed – Scot McKnight
I’m always amazed at how many helpful posts Scot shares with us. I appreciate his labor of love.

3. Next Reformation – Len Hjalmarson
If you are not a current reader of Len’s blog, you should be. Excellent stuff.

4. Pastoralia – Jason Coker
Jason has an honest and insightful blog, where he shares his heart openly with a prophetic edge.

5. Missional Church Network – Brad Brisco
If you want to be informed about the missional church, Brad will help you do that well.

6. Godspace – Christine Sine
Christine has hosted some meaningful series, shared some deep prayers and created some spirit enlightening videos.

7. Field Notes from the Church Planting Frontier – Ben Sternke
Ben is a thoughtful missional church planter with fresh advice from the field.

8. Some Strange Ideas – John Chandler
If you want know what to be reading, John is one of the most in tune people to check out for the latest reads. He’s a deep thinking practitioner.

9. Attempting to Behold the Miracle Long Enough Without Falling Asleep – J.R. Briggs
J.R. is a creative thinker, an excellent writer and a passionate practitioner. You will find many treasures at his site.

10. Creation Project – Jonathan Dodson
Jonathan is a thoughtful missional church practitioner who writes about Christ, Church and culture in a helpful way.

That is my top ten for this year. Which blogs made your top ten list?

14 Responses to Top Ten Blogs I Found Most Meaningful in 2010

Thank you. I’ve been blessed by your blog.

2. Jason Coker says:

Wow, didn’t see that coming. Thanks!

Jason,

Dude, from the missional series on Jesus, to your insightful 10 least popular blogs to your understanding of culture and the church, I have been enriched. And your latest series of our autopsy of your church plant was extremely honest and helpful. Thanks for blogging. It benefits many of us.

4. Honored to make the list and grateful for your consistent voice in the blogosphere. You do great book reviews, JR! 🙂

Jonathan,

Thanks man. Keep up the great practice and writing.

6. Thanks JR I have been blessed by your blog too, just never got round to making my list for the year

7. David Fitch says:

OK, How much do I owe you for this? You you already know you can come stay over at my house any time for as long as you want. Much love man … and thanks DF

8. Scot McKnighthoeffer says:

OK, there’s some shenanigans going on here. I’ll never be able to live with Fitch if you rank him above me.

Is there any way I can ask for a recount, maybe some hanging chads, something…

JR, you’re a good man and all but ….

9. Scot McKnighthoeffer says:

One more. David’s a Canadian, he watches hockey, cheers for Canadian football… c’mon man. He’s not really one of us.

Christine,

Thanks for your encouragement and what you bring to the blogosphere.

DF, You owe me nothing, other than to keep blogging for us. I appreciate your heart, life and wisdom.

Scot – I had just gotten back from my St Ignatius group to find Fitch tweeting up a storm. I should have known this would cause you difficulty. My bad. lol Thanks man for being such a blessing to so many of us. I was only able to rank what I could read this year, and Fitch doesn’t blog as much so… lol Wait until I post my top ten books. Fitch didn’t have one out this year, so I think you are going to stomp him on this one.