I first started writing when my friend Pavi Thomas asked me to blog. I remember struggling to write one or two entries per week. But now I blog six times a week. I enjoy writing now and am seeking to improve on my craft. I have much to learn, but I am enjoying the journey.
As I have entered into formal education, my writing has increased. I have written numerous papers, a short book and recently finished my first full book with InterVarsity Press entitled Creating a Missional Culture, which puts some of my best thoughts all in one place. I have written articles for Leadership Journal, Evangelical Missions Quarterly (EMQ) and Religious Studies Review (RSR). Below is a sample of some of my published work, unpublished work and online articles.
- Creating a Missional Culture: Equipping the Church for the Sake of the World (Author) – InterVarsity Press, 2012.
- Waiting for the Light: An Advent Devotional (Contributor) – Mustard Seed, 2011.
- ViralHope: Good News from the Urbs to the Burbs (and everything inbetween) (Editor and Contributor) – Ecclesia Press, 2010.
Published Online (some print too) Articles
- We Need Five Disciplers, Not One - Gospel Centered Discipleship
- A Review of Salt, Light, and a City by Graham Hill - EMQ (Evangelical Missions Quarterly)
- Kingdom Influence: Establishing God’s Reign Where We Live - Leadership Journal
- What is a Missional Community - Verge Network
- How is a Missional Community Different from a Traditional Bible Study? - Verge Network
- How do you Train Missional Community Leaders - Verge Network
- Apostles as Dream Awakeners - EMQ (Evangelical Missions Quarterly)
- What Do Apostles Do? - ApostleFarm
- Five Environments Needed to Create Missional Culture - The Online Pulpit (IVP)
- Re-Sketching the Church – Overview (Leadership in the Missional Church)
- Equippers as Environmentalist: Re-imagining Leadership for a New Era
- A Missional Proposal for Kairos Hollywood
- Is Conversion A Four-letter Word?
- The Medium and the Mission
- A Holistic Gospel
- St. Francis of Assisi: An Example For Our Times
- Shalom Makers: Development in the Way of Christ – A More Human(e) Way
- Divided by Hell? An Assessment of “Love Wins” by Rob Bell – Heresy, Orthodoxy and Final Judgment
Featured Blog Posts
- A Primer on Today’s Missional Church
- Divided by Hell? An Assessment of Love Wins by Rob Bell
- A Missional View of the Doctrine of Election – Series
- The Missional Church in Perspective
- The Good News Series
- Leadership on the Line – A Review
- How to Set up Facebook Timeline
- Leading with a Limp by Dan Allendar – A Review
- Discipleship Series – Reflections from the Great Omission byDallas Willard
- The Equippers as Environmentalist – The Series
- Theology at the Theater: Watching Film as a Communal Spiritual Discipline
- Sundance Review: “Higher Ground” Reaches Higher Ground