Rhythm of Life – Part III
For me developing a rule of life is about developing a way of life in which we set the sails of our life to catch the wind of God’s Spirit. For living the Christian life is not a matter of trying harder, but of yielding to the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. This year I am focusing on four areas, practices that help me with my: Intimacy with God, Loving the World (my friends and enemies), personal wholeness and creation care. The four things lost at the fall.
Today I will share my rhythm of life in the second area, loving the world. I ask myself the question, what can I do daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually to better allow me to catch the wind of God’s Spirit in my life?
LOVING THE WORLD (Both my friends and enemies)
Engage in practices that help me to remember that God has reconciled the world to himself through Christ and now has called me to be a minister of reconciliation
- Practice hospitality on a daily basis, helping people in small or large ways, and always be ready to host people at my apartment whether they be strangers or friends, taking care of them as if they were Jesus
- Daily seeking to life a more simple uncluttered life, bearing my cross daily and practicing resurrection by living each day in light of God’s future
- A couple of times weekly, have meaningful connection with people on staff and in my canvas group exercising the one another verses – praying for one another, serving one another, teaching one another, loving one another, listening to one another, forgiving one another, crying with one another, celebrating with one another
- Weekly pray for my annual and monthly goals, and plan my week in light of these goals and the Spirit’s guidance
- Weekly read, contemplate and digest books and blogs on the missional church and connect with and build relationships with people outside of the faith often
- Regularly build relationships with the poor and suffering and seek God in fasting on their behalf, giving resources and raising money on their behalf
- Monthly host or attend a dinner or event where I can introduce my non-Christian friends to my Christian friends